inReach Explorer Personal Global Satellite Communicator with GPS capability
Navigate, create waypoints, log your trip and find your way back. Send and receive text messages. Trigger an interactive SOS. Plan, track and share your journey. You can do all of this from one rugged handheld device with 100% global coverage from Iridium. You can also pair it with your mobile device to access topographic maps and U.S. NOAA charts.
- It will get you anywhere you want to go. Even better, it will get you back.
- Create or view a route, drop waypoints, see your detailed GPS tracks, and navigate with the on-screen map view.
- Built-in digital compass provides heading and bearing information even when standing still.
- Plan your route(s) and waypoints ahead of time using the Explore portal and then share your journey with family and friends.
- Send and receive 160-character text messages* with GPS coordinates to cell numbers or email addresses worldwide and post updates to social media.
- Adjustable tracking intervals from 10 minutes to 4 hours allow you to track your trip and share your location, including GPS coordinates, course elevation and speed.
- Trigger an SOS, receive a delivery confirmation, and communicate back and forth with our 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center.
The freedom to go anywhere has flexible plans to match.
DeLorme offers flexible plans ideal for year-round or monthly use. An active satellite subscription is required to use inReach, and we offer two categories of plans: annual 12-month contracts with lower monthly fees or freedom plans, which require only a 30-day commitment.
Freedom No-Contract Plans
Our freedom plans allow you to pay for satellite airtime service when you need it on a monthly basis. You can change plans, up or down, or suspend your service at no charge.
- Ideal for seasonal or occasional use.
- Move up or down a plan for free.
- Suspend your service when you don't need it.
- Keep all your account data, tracks and details when suspended.
- Minimum 30-day commitment.
- Annual freedom program fee of $24.95.
See full plan details (call 1.800.223.6565)
Annual Contract Plans
Our annual plans offer lower monthly fees and are ideal for people who either plan on using their inReach all year long, or who want the peace of mind of having a continuously active SOS device.
Ideal for year-round use and peace of mind.
- 12-month contract.
- Lower monthly fees.
- Move up a plan at any time for free.
- Initial account activation fee of $19.95.
- Move down a plan at any time for $24.95.
Technical Specifications and Important Information
- Includes digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
- Includes an odometer and displays useful trip statistics while in the field, such as trip time, max speed, moving average, trip distance
- 100 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode with a clear view to the sky. Extended tracking mode can extend battery life even more for long-haul trips.
- Color screen and virtual keyboard with predictive text for standalone two-way messaging
- GPS accuracy to +/- 5 meters
- Water rating: IP67 (withstands incidental water exposure; tested for submersion at one meter for 30 minutes).
- Rugged, dustproof and impact-resistant (Mil-STD-810G for shock; IP67 for dust).
- Impact-resistant (Mil-STD-810G for shock)
- Internal lithium polymer battery (2,450 mAh capacity at 3.7 V)
- SOS messages are received by GEOS, a worldwide emergency response coordination center with 24/7/365 staffing
- Weight: 6.7 ounces
- Email, SOS and tracking functions work anywhere in the world; SMS availability may vary by country.
- 100% global coverage via the Iridium satellite network, which is the world's furthest-reaching satellite communications network.
- Maintains a satellite signal lock even in difficult GPS environments and embeds precise location coordinates in sent messages.
- Pairs via Bluetooth with Apple iOS, Android, or Kindle Fire with bluetooth (smartphones and tablets)
- A contract-free (minimum 30-day commitment) or annual satellite subscription plan is required for use; plans start at $11.95 per month)