Big Agnes - Onyx Tarp Carbon
Crazylight minimalist tarp featuring an Easton® carbon-fiber poles and Dyneema® Composite Fabrics.
If your goal for shelter is to have a high performance, ultra-technical, ghostly lightweight tarp, then the Onyx Carbon with Dyneema® is your best choice. With a 6oz trail weight made up of Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (an extremely strong and dynamic fiber)--that is also 100% rainproof and highly tear resistant--this tarp is the perfect shelter for bike-packers, pack-rafters, and ultralight backpackers needing overhead coverage to the lightest degree. These products are intended for only the most advanced user. Although extremely strong for their weight, this tarp is not indestructible and requires careful use to decrease the possibility of damage. Special care during setup and extended trips is important as rough handling, long-term abrasion, exposure to sharp objects or rocky campsite selection may result in fabric punctures and tears. Self-adhesive repair patches are included in the event that repairs must be made on the trail.
- Trail Weight: 6oz / 170g
- Packed Weight: 10oz / 283g
- Fast Fly Weight: 4.5oz / 127g
- Packed Size: 4" x 15" / 10 x 38cm
- Floor Area: 72 sq ft / 6.7 m²
- Number of Seasons: 3
- Minimalist tarp engineered with an Easton® carbon fiber pole and Dyneema® Composite Fabric to handle the elements like no other lightweight tarp.
- Dyneema® Composite Fabric is respected as the premium brand for Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene. This fabric is ultralight weight, 100% rainproof and has a high dimensional stability that resists stretching or sagging during temperature changes. Its unique structure creates a fabric with extremely high tear-strength and allows for welded construction, which eliminates seams and the need for seam tape, enhancing its durability and waterproofness.
- Plethora of guy-out points create multiple configuration options allowing for optimal coverage in any location
- Included Easton® carbon fiber strut pole can be inserted into laser-cut Hypalon tabs in center of tarp for increased headroom
- Strut pole can also be used in place of a trekking pole along edge of tarp
- 72 sq ft is the approximate floor area based on the dimensions of the tarp when flat
- This tarp is extremely lightweight and requires special care to increase its longevity
- Tarp is ultra-lightweight Dyneema® Composite Fabric, 100% rainproof, with high-dimensional stability
- Welded construction eliminates seams and the need for seam tape
- Easton® carbon fiber pole is lightweight and flexible, with a high strength-to-weight ratio