Woodworker's Guide to Carving
By Back to Basics
Straight Talk for Today's Woodworkers.The world is complicated enough... your woodworking information shouldn't be.
Get the straight talk about carving wood, including:
- Choosing the right tools and accessories and the easy techniques for keeping them sharp.
- Getting started-everything from selecting wood and setting up your work place, to the basics of carving and the principles of design.
- The easy-to-learn craft of chip carving and its infinite variatios for making borders, lettering, and rosettes.
- Traditional relieef carving and the techniques for creating fans and shells, an iconic acanthus leaf, or stunning scenes of nature.
- The best approach to designing and carving a realistic, 3-D bust, duck decoy, or ball-and-claw foot.