Gransfors Bruk - Axe Diamond File
The Gransfors Bruk Axe Diamond is a pocket size wonder. It'll sharpen your axe in no time! It includes a coarse and fine side. Complete with a flared beechwood handle to protect your fingers.
- Beechwood handle
- Leather sheath included
- 3" long file
- Coarse and Fine sides
How to sharpen an axe:
- Clean axe of dirt and resin before you start to sharpen, otherwise the file will lose "bite."
- To polish off minor damage and normal wear, use the coarse side of the Axe Diamond. Use the Axe Diamond dry and work in circular motions, towards or away, from the edge, with light pressure, until you have a smooth surface. The Axe Diamond can also be used without circular motion. During the sharpening efforts remove metal from Axe Diamond by tapping or brushing off regularly.
- Use the fine side of the Diamond Axe to create the correct edge.
- Repeat on both sides until the blade has a smooth and glossy surface. If your edge becomes too sharp (thin) and delicate, you can drag a few features along the edge making the edge angle slightly larger and you will receive a stronger edge.
- After finishing, The Axe Diamond should be cleaned with warm water and detergent.